Saturday, February 20, 2021

"DEATH ENDS ALL" | by Dr. Walter L. Wilson

Dr. Walter L. Wilson
(1881-1969)

“I was talking to an atheist one day, and he said: ‘I do not believe, Wilson, what you are preaching.’ I said: ‘You have told me what you do not believe; perhaps you will tell me what you do believe.’ He said: ‘I believe that death ends all.’ I said: ‘So do I: shake on it.’ ‘What!’ he replied, ‘you believe that death ends all?’ ‘I certainly do,’ I answered, whereupon he said, ‘You are a strange Christian.’ I said: ‘I am sure of that; there is none other like me in the world. As a Christian I assert that death ends all.’ He said he had never heard such a thing, and I added, ‘It is time you heard something new.’

He said I was playing with him, so I went on: ‘Death ends all your chance of doing evil; death ends all your joy, death ends all your projects; all your ambitions; all your friendships, death ends all the Gospel that you will ever hear; death ends it all for you, and you go out into outer darkness. Death ends all my wanderings, all my tears, all my perplexities, all my disappointments, all my aches and pains; death ends it all, and I go to be with my Lord in glory.’ He said: ‘I never thought of that.’ I led that man to Christ just by agreeing with him that death ends all.” —Walter L. Wilson

Courtesy of Pilgrim Tract Society. Used by permission.




No comments: